Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Antlers

Over the past little while, I've seen a home decor trend that I wasn't completely sure about. The antler trend. (Don't know what I'm talking about? Check here, here, and here. Are we on the same page now? Good).

I liked it but at the same time I wasn't 100% sold. And who wants to invest in or kill an animal for the antlers when you aren't 100% sold? Not me. Well, I figured out a way to incorporate the antler trend into a home without actually having any antlers.

Ta-da! Embroidered antlers!

I'm actually not going to keep these, as I made them for a homemade gift exchange, but I really love how they turned out. In fact, I may make one for me... who knows. The larger one was embroidered with a coral colored floss while the smaller one with a blue. Both are on a blue-gray fabric I had hanging out in my fabric stash.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...