Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tribal Belt

Lately I've been loving fashion/style blogs. One trend that I've picked up on is that tribal prints are coming back. I didn't want to get too out of my comfort zone but thought I'd give the trend a shot with a belt.


I've had this ribbon for a few years now and had no idea what to do with it... I've also had this belt buckle-thingy for even longer. I don't even know what it technically is - it just came in a random assortment of buttons and notions I got FORever ago. But it works just great for what I had in mind.

Here is what you'll need if you want to recreate this belt (if you can even find a similar buckle-guy, but you could use a ring of some sort in substitution). Ribbon, buckley-thing, Velcro, and a sewing machine (or glue?).

First off, stick one end of ribbon through one side of buckle. Sew (or glue) down.


Measure the belt around your waist (or wherever you want it to sit) and add about 3 inches. Cut to length (it would also be a good idea to Fray Check your ribbon ends). Figure out where Velcro will go.


Sew Velcro down (on WRONG side of ribbon). Tip: I sewed the "hook" part of the Velcro (the scratchy side) on the very end. I did this so that when I am wearing the belt it won't accidentally scratch my clothes because when worn that part of the Velcro will face away from my body.


Wear belt and try not to feel stupid while posing for pictures. :)

Yes, I know I need to weed and throw away some cardboard. Thanks. :)
And here is another closeup.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...