Monday, May 17, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I am so so behind on making birthday presents this year. Last year I was awesome and so on top of things... and this year (so far) is the exact opposite. Oh well...

Anyway, I just barely finished my sister's birthday gift (her birthday was in February... yeah... I'm officially the recipient of the bad sister award) and I love it! She wanted me to refashion a shirt and I kept on putting it off because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I needed to be inspired and that inspiration finally happened a few weeks ago.


The shirt started as just a regular sweater. I cut up the middle and added some hem tape and lace (I sewed the lace and the tape on at the same time). It needed a little closure of some sort so I hot glued a button on to a broach back and pinned it on.


In case she wanted to switch things up, I also made a white one. I only took a picture of the back but you get the idea...


Also, if this shirt is familiar to you, it may be because I refashioned one back in December for another sister.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...