Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Fabric Wreath

I made a fabric wreath last year for Christmas when I was desperate for decorations but I didn't want to spend any money. I used an embroidery hoop and scraps of Christmas fabric. It turned out ok but not something that I've ever loved. I hung it up this year and after staring at it for weeks I finally decided to make it cuter. I pulled out my felt and embroidery thread and came up with this fun holly and berries embellishment. I think it turned out pretty dang cute and now I like the wreath a whole lot more (still not sure if I love it, though).



For the berries I cut small circles and hand-stitched 2 together at a time with a little batting in between. For the holly I cut out leaves and stitched 2 together down the center. Once done I simply hot glued them to my wreath. Simple but cute.



I'm participating in Make it For Monday at Cottage Instincts and Just Something I Whipped Up Monday at The Girl Creative and Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...